Enjoy the glorious summer in this stunning Waterview Contemporary Home.Gorgeous kitchen with island, granite counters & SS appliances.Luxurious dining room with stone fireplace.Exquisite open living room with hardwood floors, skylights & fireplace.Family room with skylight & fireplace.Enormous Master bedroom suite with 2 walk in closets & private master bath with Jacuzzi tub. Private finished basement with a den/office, bedroom & bath. Includes adjacent lot of 1.72 acres. Deeded water rights!!!
This is a Contemporary style home and features 12 total rooms, 3 full baths, 1 half bath, 5 bedrooms, 3.41 Acres, and is currently available for $825,000.
For complete details click here.
If you are a dog owner, and you are making the transition from an apartment or condo into a home, complete with a backyard, then your life is about to get a lot easier. You’ll no longer have to take your dog on long walks for bathroom breaks, and your dog will be a lot happier being able to freely roam an outdoor area without a leash. Win-win for everyone, right? Not so fast. There’s a few things you’ll need to do in order to avoid some potentially stressful headaches in the very near future. I’ll attempt to highlight some of the more important ones here.
1. Fencing – If you are moving to a new home that doesn’t have a fenced backyard, then consider fencing at your convenience. Ideally, the home you’re moving to would already have this beneficial add-on, but many don’t. Having some form of fencing installed will ensure that you can let your dog run freely without having to keep a watchful eye on them at all times.
2. Designate a bathroom spot – Giving your dog complete control of your backyard can create a bit of a problem when it comes to bathroom time. I really don’t need to go into specifics here….Suffice it to say that your dog can and should be trained to use a particular corner of the back yard for his activities. Your shoes and yard will thank you.
3. Keep your garden pet-friendly – If you are planning to make a garden in your new back yard, then be sure that you don’t pick any plants that are toxic to pets. Many are. Also, try to incorporate some kind of additional fencing so that your dog doesn’t treat your garden like a playground.
4. Consider a doggy door – If you want to completely eliminate the need for you to take time out of your day to walk your dog, then a dog door can help you with that. If you’re moving to a place with long winter seasons, then you’ll need to pick a dog door option that can be sealed easily if inclement weather arises.
5. Shading – If you’re moving to an area that has hot summers, consider planting some fast-growing trees that will offer shade for your dog to cool off. Without proper shading, some dogs, especially older ones, can experience distress if left in direct sun for too long.
For additional ideas, visit http://www.ehow.com/how_4779806_landscape-backyard-dogs.html
Many people looking to sell their homes aren’t really looking to spend money on appliances and fixtures for the home they are about to leave. However, if you find yourself with a less-than-impressive bathroom in your home-for-sale, then consider these relatively cheap ways to add a little zing to your shower space.
- Replace the doorknob.
- If your bathroom has a linoleum floor, look into how much it would cost to replace.
- Buy a new bathroom rug set. Even if you’re taking them with you when you move, a new set will make your bathroom look a lot more inviting to a potential buyer.
- Consider outfitting your shower with a new shower head.
- Make sure your pipes are in good working order. Pipes that are slow to drain need to be addressed.
- Take a look at your bathroom walls. Are they in need of a new paint job? A vibrant coat of paint can work wonders in a less-than-impressive bathroom.
As a general rule, cleanliness speaks for itself. If you can spot any part of your bathroom that may need a little TLC, odds are a potential buyer will see them, too.
The location of your rock garden is key. You might choose a location that is already rocky or choose to import stones into a newly created bed. Rock gardens can either be built into small or large areas. Rocks that are angular and vary in size are perfect for a rock garden and give a more natural appearance.
In order to prepare the area, lay newspapers on the ground to smother grass or weeds. They will eventually decompose. Outline the entire garden with rocks. Then fill the garden with a layer of sandy soil to provide drainage.
Choose the color scheme and type of plants that suit your area. Avoid putting too many plants or too many types of plants in your rock garden. Leave room for growth.
Fill the remaining cracks between the larger rocks and plants with smaller stones. The plants will fill in and grow over the years.
After all your hard work is done, relax and enjoy your rock garden.
Newton Listing AlertsNewton, MA - $1,264,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/145 minutes agoNewton, MA - $1,650 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:11 hour agoNewton, MA - $698,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:3/11 hour agoNewton, MA - $1,100,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:5
- Higher ed budgets up in admin category May 20, 2013Massachusetts universities and colleges that say they're trying to hold down costs have increased their number of administrators three times faster than their number of students, according to federal data analyzed by the New England Center for Investigative Reporting. […]
- 5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 18 May 19, 2013The Newton orchestra will wrap up its 18th season with a finale concert tonight at First Baptist Church Newton at 8 p.m. 2. St. […]
- CEO of Controversial New Internet TV Streaming Service is Newton Man May 19, 2013The broadcast television networks have their knickers in a twist - and a Newton man is to credit/blame. Chet Kanojia is CEO of Aereo , which is variously described as: [Allowing] subscribers to view live as well as time-shifted streams of over-the-air television on Internet-connected devices - Wikipedia [Using] an array of antennas to pull ... (more) […]
- Newton's Memorial Day Parade Marching Through Town Sunday May 19, 2013It promises to be a festive day when Newton organizations, officials and residents parade through the streets Sunday, May 19 in the city's annual Memorial Day parade. […]
- Same-sex marriage supporters celebrate 9th anniversary in Boston Public Garden May 19, 2013Ellen Wade, at center-right in turquoise shirt, spoke at the gathering as her wife Maureen Brodoff, in striped cardigan, and other same-sex marriage supporters listened. […]
- Higher ed budgets up in admin category May 20, 2013